Welcome to DU! The truly grassroots left-of-center political community where regular people, not algorithms, drive the discussions and set the standards. Join the community: Create a free account Support DU (and get rid of ads!): Become a Star Member Latest Breaking News Editorials & Other Articles General Discussion The DU Lounge All Forums Issue Forums Culture Forums Alliance Forums Region Forums Support Forums Help & Search

Nevilledog

(54,898 posts)
Sat Feb 21, 2026, 02:24 PM 5 hrs ago

What I Saw at the Battle of Minneapolis: The national media has moved on. Minnesota is still under siege.

https://www.thebulwark.com/p/what-i-saw-minnesota-ice-war?

*snip*

DHS has adopted other tactics. I met two observers who recounted how they had been following a DHS vehicle only to have it lead them to their own house, where it parked and waited—a warning that the government agents knew who they were and where they lived.

The latest trick of the regime has been to pretend that the occupation of Minnesota is over. Greg Bovino was removed from command and the new head of operations, Tom Homan, announced that DHS was pulling out of Minnesota. But this has not happened. Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz told us, point blank, “I’ll believe it when I see it.” The observers I spoke to at Whipple said they have seen no reduction in the number of DHS vehicles going in and out on a daily basis, or detainees being released (more on this in a moment, too), or street abductions.1

Another adaptation has been for DHS to push its theater of operations outward from the cities and into the suburbs and exurbs, where the lower population density makes it harder for a critical mass of citizens to observe them.

It is important to understand that observation is what this war is all about. The federal government does not want anyone witnessing what it is doing. Citizens are neither stopping nor impeding the government’s work. They are merely documenting it. And for this affront, the government treats them as adversaries to be controlled, intimidated, arrested, beaten, and occasionally killed.

*snip*
8 replies = new reply since forum marked as read
Highlight: NoneDon't highlight anything 5 newestHighlight 5 most recent replies
What I Saw at the Battle of Minneapolis: The national media has moved on. Minnesota is still under siege. (Original Post) Nevilledog 5 hrs ago OP
DURec leftstreet 5 hrs ago #1
The boobs in the media only know how to do the weather 31st Street Bridge 5 hrs ago #2
The media was in the middle of the Minneapolis situation. ificandream 3 hrs ago #6
It's a choice. ananda 3 hrs ago #7
Again Projection, Who is being Doxed here? Zackzzzz 5 hrs ago #3
ICE is still here and so is the resistance. Ocelot II 5 hrs ago #4
K&R'd snot 4 hrs ago #5
Main Stream Media dies a slow silent death as Independent Outlets rise. Joinfortmill 2 hrs ago #8

Ocelot II

(129,952 posts)
4. ICE is still here and so is the resistance.
Sat Feb 21, 2026, 03:09 PM
5 hrs ago

DHS claims there are "only" 500 ICE goons left in Minnesota, which even if true is still 500 too many. They are still here in Minneapolis (a couple of possibles just a few blocks away this morning) but we don't see them quite as often any more because they have started concentrating on the suburbs, trying to look like soccer dads and helpful neighbors. A couple of them even pretended to have car trouble and then abducted the guy who came out of his house to help them. I just got back from a rally/march in memory of Alex Pretti (he was murdered two weeks ago today) that drew a lot of people, and we are determined to keep resisting and providing mutual aid until every last ICEhole is gone. I just hope that happens before July; I'm OK standing around in the cold but I hate hot weather.

snot

(11,629 posts)
5. K&R'd
Sat Feb 21, 2026, 03:31 PM
4 hrs ago

A balance of power requires a balance of knowledge. So long as the powerful know more about what we're doing as we know about what they're doing, we're in big trouble.

Latest Discussions»General Discussion»What I Saw at the Battle ...