Palestinian death toll has surpassed 70,000 since the Israel-Hamas war began, Gaza ministry says
Source: AP
By WAFAA SHURAFA and SAMY MAGDY
Updated 2:01 PM CST, November 29, 2025
Leer en español
DEIR AL-BALAH, Gaza Strip (AP) The Palestinian death toll has surpassed 70,000 since the Israel-Hamas war began, Gazas Health Ministry said Saturday, while a hospital said that Israeli fire killed two Palestinian children in the territorys south.
The toll has continued to rise after the latest ceasefire took effect on Oct. 10. Israel still carries out strikes in response to what it has called violations of the truce, and bodies from earlier in the war are being recovered from the rubble.
The Health Ministry says the Palestinian toll is now 70,100. The ministry operates under the Hamas-run government. It is staffed by medical professionals and maintains detailed records viewed as generally reliable by the international community.
Staff at Nasser Hospital, which received the bodies of the children in southern Gaza, said the brothers, ages 8 and 11, died when an Israeli drone struck close to a school sheltering displaced people in the town of Beni Suhaila.

Read more: https://apnews.com/article/israel-palestinians-hamas-ceasefire-a83bba11bc506771aa7233326ab97e42