Welcome to DU! The truly grassroots left-of-center political community where regular people, not algorithms, drive the discussions and set the standards. Join the community: Create a free account Support DU (and get rid of ads!): Become a Star Member Latest Breaking News Editorials & Other Articles General Discussion The DU Lounge All Forums Issue Forums Culture Forums Alliance Forums Region Forums Support Forums Help & Search

BumRushDaShow

(167,528 posts)
Sun Feb 15, 2026, 06:03 PM 14 hrs ago

Trump adviser admits citizen revolt spurred admin to change course from 'quagmire': report

Source: Raw Story

February 15, 2026 11:48AM ET


The ongoing fierce resistance to the surge of federal immigration officers in Minnesota is striking real fear in the Trump administration, one adviser to President Donald Trump revealed Sunday, so much so that officials worry that resistance may spread elsewhere across the nation.

Late last year, the Trump administration deployed thousands of federal immigration officers to Minnesota in the wake of the controversial fraud investigation by MAGA influencer Nick Shirley into Somali daycares. The immigration enforcement operations have been met with fierce resistance by locals, however, particularly after the fatal shootings of Renee Good and Alex Pretti.

That resistance, which also included a statewide general strike, is apparently getting to the Trump administration, which has since announced plans to phase-out immigration enforcement operations in the state. Speaking with Zeteo in its report Sunday on the condition of anonymity, one Trump adviser told the outlet that resistance to Immigration and Customs Enforcement – along with other federal immigration enforcement agencies – has “only spread” and gotten stronger across the nation.

Other Trump administration officials who also spoke on the condition of anonymity told Zeteo that the growing resistance sparked fears that future immigration enforcement operations in other states could be jeopardized, and thus, facilitated the need to impose a “draw down” of its officers in Minnesota to preserve political capital for future ICE “deployments.”

Read more: https://www.rawstory.com/ice-2675270948/



Link to Zeteo (Mehdi Hasan's publication) REPORT - https://zeteo.com/p/trump-minnesota-war-mission-accomplished
3 replies = new reply since forum marked as read
Highlight: NoneDon't highlight anything 5 newestHighlight 5 most recent replies
Trump adviser admits citizen revolt spurred admin to change course from 'quagmire': report (Original Post) BumRushDaShow 14 hrs ago OP
"may spread elsewhere across the nation." bucolic_frolic 14 hrs ago #1
Not worried about the fear, that was built-in. dickthegrouch 13 hrs ago #2
Yeah, their only fear is that the money will stop flowing into their bank accounts. OldBaldy1701E 35 min ago #3

bucolic_frolic

(54,581 posts)
1. "may spread elsewhere across the nation."
Sun Feb 15, 2026, 06:19 PM
14 hrs ago

LOL ROFLMFAO Ya' think?? No putting that genie back in the bottle, they defined themselves and no one will believe any protestations of good will to the contrary.

The whole administration was drunk on power and out for political blood. Good job, nitwits.

dickthegrouch

(4,417 posts)
2. Not worried about the fear, that was built-in.
Sun Feb 15, 2026, 07:11 PM
13 hrs ago

They are worried about the revulsion that's spreading fast.
Their non-humanity, lack of empathy, and hypocrisy are the the things the rest of us will remember about them, long after they are all odious smears on the history books.

OldBaldy1701E

(10,765 posts)
3. Yeah, their only fear is that the money will stop flowing into their bank accounts.
Mon Feb 16, 2026, 07:51 AM
35 min ago

Anything else is theater. They only care about their wealth and power.

Both of which they have because we say that they do. If we did not agree that they had power, they would have nothing.

It's that simple. But... the programming worked, so we won't dare to question any of it.

Latest Discussions»Latest Breaking News»Trump adviser admits citi...