Welcome to DU! The truly grassroots left-of-center political community where regular people, not algorithms, drive the discussions and set the standards. Join the community: Create a free account Support DU (and get rid of ads!): Become a Star Member Latest Breaking News Editorials & Other Articles General Discussion The DU Lounge All Forums Issue Forums Culture Forums Alliance Forums Region Forums Support Forums Help & Search

Latest Breaking News

Showing Original Post only (View all)

BumRushDaShow

(164,012 posts)
Thu Nov 27, 2025, 07:14 PM Thursday

National guard member Sarah Beckstrom has died after shooting in Washington DC, Trump announces [View all]

Last edited Thu Nov 27, 2025, 08:42 PM - Edit history (1)

Source: The Guardian

Thu 27 Nov 2025 18.55 EST
Last modified on Thu 27 Nov 2025 19.59 EST


Sarah Beckstrom, one of the national guard troops shot in Washington DC on Wednesday, has died, Donald Trump said on Thursday.

“Sarah Beckstrom of West Virginia, one of the guardsmen that we’re talking about, highly respected, young, magnificent person … She’s just passed away. She’s no longer with us,” Trump said in his first live remarks since the shooting.

Beckstrom, 20, was one of two members of the national guards shot near the White House in a targeted attack. The other member, Andrew Wolfe, 24, is still fighting for his life, according to the president. Beckstrom’s father had told the New York Times in a phone call earlier in the day that his daughter was unlikely to recover. “I’m holding her hand right now,” Gary Beckstrom said. “She has a mortal wound. It’s not going to be a recovery.”

Both Beckstrom and Wolfe belonged to the West Virginia National Guard, which deployed hundreds of troops to Washington as part of Trump’s crime-fighting mission in the capital.

Read more: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2025/nov/28/national-guard-member-sarah-beckstrom-has-died-after-shooting-in-washington-dc-trump-announces



Just getting home from Thanksgiving dinner and this was breaking...

Article updated.

Original article -

Thu 27 Nov 2025 18.55 EST
Last modified on Thu 27 Nov 2025 18.56 EST


One of the national guard troops shot in an attack on Wednesday near the White House has died, Donald Trump said on Thursday.

“Sarah Beckstrom of West Virginia, one of the guardsmen that we’re talking about, highly respected, young, magnificent person … She’s just passed away. She’s no longer with us,” Trump said in his first live remarks since the shooting.

One other member of the guards, Andrew Wolfe, 24, is still fighting for his life, according to the president.

Beckstrom’s father had told the New York Times in a phone call earlier in the day that his daughter was unlikely to recover. “I’m holding her hand right now,” Gary Beckstrom said. “She has a mortal wound. It’s not going to be a recovery.”

This is a developing story.
14 replies = new reply since forum marked as read
Highlight: NoneDon't highlight anything 5 newestHighlight 5 most recent replies
Latest Discussions»Latest Breaking News»National guard member Sar...